Sandford Parks LidoPlaces to Visit
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
Sandford Parks Lido is one of Cheltenham’s most popular attractions.
Opening Times from 28th September
- 12pm-1pm (mixed session)
- 1:30pm-2:30pm (mixed session)
- 3:30pm-4:30pm (mixed session)
- 5pm-6pm (mixed session)
- 11am-12pm (lane swim on Saturday, mixed on Sunday)
- 12:30pm-1:30pm (mixed session)
- 2pm-3pm (mixed session)
- 3:30pm-4:30pm (mixed session)
- No children under 8 years old will be permitted into lane-only sessions
- All children aged 8-16 must be accompanied by a paying adult
- The children's pool and play areas are closed
Please see our full list of Terms & Conditions for Lane Swimming here: Lanes T&Cs
FAMILY SWIM SESSIONS:
- All ages welcome (children aged under 16 must be accompanied by a paying adult)
- One adult can be responsible for up to 2 children between 5 and 8 years old
- Children under 5 years old must be accompanied by an adult on a 1:1 ratio
- No lanes available and slides will remain closed
- Swim equipment, balls, frisbees and other play equipment is not permitted
Please see our full list of Terms & Conditions for Family Swim Sessions here: Family Swim T&Cs
Booking Your Swim
All Season Ticket Holders should have received an email on how to book their free swims. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems. Remember to bring your Season Ticket with you on EVERY visit or you may be asked to pay for a full-priced ticket.
New sessions will be released every day. For example, next Tuesday at 8am will be available to book once this Tuesday's 8am session has finished.
There is a large car park suitable for over 150 cars which sits directly outside of the lido. Parking fees start at £1.70.
There are regular non-swimming events held at Sandford Parks Lido throughout the season
The annual sunrise swim takes place every June and there is also a ‘night swimmer’ event, with competitors supporting charities during a moonlit 12-hour swim from 8pm to 8am.
The Sandford Parks lido opened in May 1935 and was popular as the biggest pool in the West Midlands and one of the only heated outdoor pools in the UK (yes it was heated even back then!)
After year of popularity, even after the opening of Cheltenham’s indoor pool in the seventies, the Lido received funds to secure its future from local donations and lottery funding:
In 2006, Sandford Parks Lido secured funding for the refurbishment of the main pool. £250,000 was raised from direct donations (Buy us a pint appeal), £50,000 from Gloucestershire Environmental Trust with Landfill Tax contributions from Cory Environmental Ltd and £382,500 from the Heritage Lottery Fund. “Sandford Parks Lido contributes significantly to
Cheltenham’s central conservation area and is nationally important.” – taken from the Heritage Lottery statement.
Nerys Watts, Heritage Lottery Fund Manager in the South West commented; ‘Historic outdoor pools are like gold dust and Sandford Parks Lido is a real gem. Whether you’re cooling off in the summer sun, taking the kids for their first swimming lessons or just enjoying the history of the site, the restored Lido will benefit everyone in Cheltenham and beyond.’
|Monday||12:00 - 18:00|
|Tuesday||12:00 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||12:00 - 18:00|
|Thursday||12:00 - 18:00|
|Friday||12:00 - 18:00|
|Saturday||11:00 - 16:00|
|Sunday||11:00 - 16:00|