Holst Birthplace MuseumAttractions
- All The Family
- Under 5s
- School Age
Explore Cheltenham’s historic house, the Holst Birthplace Museum, where composer Gustav Holst was born in 1874. The house is a time capsule of 19th century life with a working Victorian kitchen, Victorian bedroom, scullery and nursery.
Visitors can also experience a Regency Sitting Room, of the type popular when Cheltenham was a fashionable spa town. It is the only Regency domestic room open to the public in the town and contains an impressive art collection.
Composer Gustav Holst’s life and times can be discovered in his Music Room, complete with the piano on which he composed The Planets. The museum hosts a range of exhibitions, events and children’s activities throughout the year; including the popular ‘Bake Back in Time’ events which use the working coal-fired range.
Museum opening hours:
- 2 Apr 2019 - 14 Dec 2019
- Tuesday - Saturday: 10:30am - 4pm
- Adults: £6
- Children (5-15): £2
- Concessions: £5.50 (Senior Citizens, Students, Registered Disabled, Registered Unemployed)
- Family Ticket (2 adults & up to 3 children): £14
All entrance tickets are now Annual Passes. Come back to the Museum as many times as you like within one year for no extra cost! Just bring your ticket with you when you return.
- Friends of the Holst Birthplace Trust
- Children under 5
- Museum Association Members
- Art Fund Members (with card)
- Benefactors and 1 friend (with card)
- Assistants to Disabled visitors
The Holst Birthplace Museum welcomes groups of all ages and interests.